LG is known as a trailblazer in electronics, from industrial LED display technology to consumer electronics, to mobile, and even in terms of household appliances. In fact, LG racked up over 20 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovation Awards for 2016 alone. Among its award-winning innovations are the 4-Door French Door Refrigerator, TWIN Wash™ Front Load Washer/Dryer Pair and Sidekick™ pedestal washer, and the LG Styler, a clothing management system that promises to “refresh clothes without detergents,” as well as to “provide an ideal solution for clothes that require special care.”
These innovations alone may already make you sit up and take notice, but, in the parlance of a late-night infomercial: “Wait, there’s more.”
There’s more to an LG home appliance than what you bought it for. Really.
Maybe you made an impulse buy. Maybe you didn’t realize that your LG purchase could actually do more. Or maybe you’re in the market for a new appliance, and you wanted to know what an LG unit could do. Well, we’ve listed five of the most innovative features that LG gave to consumers, to date.
Make Your Life Easier With These 5 LG Appliance Innovations!
- InstaView™ Door-in-Door Refrigerator Feature. You woke up in the middle of the night hungry, but couldn’t decide whether to fix yourself a sandwich or to just grab a cup of noodles. As you start to open your fridge, you remember that you got a model that has the “InstaView™ Door-in-Door” feature. And so, you just knock and see a cup of yogurt that’s perfect with a banana. Midnight craving satisfied! And healthier, too. The InstaView™ Door-in-Door feature that comes with some LG refrigerator models is a glass panel that lights up when you knock twice on it. It’s a fun way to check your fridge’s contents without actually opening it! It also lets you save energy and keep the fridge’s contents cooler.
- LG QuadWash™ Dishwasher Feature. Doing the dishes is a chore most of us hate, but LG’s Dishwashers will take that out of your hands, and thoroughly, too. With the QuadWash™ technology, your dishes are thoroughly cleaned by four spray arms, as well as two Multi-Motion arms that rotate back and forth, cleaning your dishes from several angles. LG apparently understands why mothers love squeaky-clean dishes, and they made it a whole lot easier to achieve.
- LG EasyClean™ Gas Range Feature. Yes, you love the Self-Clean feature on your oven. But you hate the fact that it heats up your house more than you’d like. Enter the EasyClean™ feature that LG built into its line of ovens. It made waves as it was unveiled to the world via CES 2013, and it became a mainstay in LG’s cache of features for its ovens. The EasyClean™ feature runs for only 20 minutes on average, and LG even promises the process to be as quick as 10 minutes. All you need to do is to spray the oven with water, run the EasyClean™ cycle, wipe the residues after the cycle, then wipe the oven dry. To show you how it works, watch the video:
- LG SideKick™ Pedestal Washer Upgrade. If you’ve ever needed to wash a really small load of delicates, you’ll like the LG SideKick Pedestal Washer. This feature is basically a drawer section under the main washing machine compartment. Instead of an area for storage, LG turned it into one more washing machine. It’s perfect for single-piece laundry, delicates, baby clothes, or for that emergency laundry after someone spills gunk onto something. It comes with the new models, or you could upgrade your existing LG washing machine by adding a SideKick pedestal to it.
- LG EasyLoad™ Dryer Door Feature. Don’t you just hate that front-loading design that dryers have? Who likes bending down to load the dryer, anyway? Maybe the gals (and guys) who want to use every single activity, chores included, to burn calories. The rest of humanity? We’d rather find ways to do things easier, thank you very much. An easier way to load a dryer has been a homemaker’s need since dryers were invented, you’d wonder why no one else thought of it until LG. The EasyLoad™ technology earned LG a Reviewed.com CES Editors’ Choice Award during CES 2014. After your clothes are done in the washing machine, all you need to do is to open the EasyLoad™ Dual Access Door from the top, toss/slide your clothes in, and you’re done moving your clothes from the washer to the dryer. When you take out your clothes, open the dryer as a front-loader as usual. Makes washing-drying a whole lot easier! Wondering how it works in motion? Watch the video from CES 2014 below:
LG is certainly working on living up to giving its consumers the quality of life they hint at on their tagline. With innovations that make chores a whole lot easier, indeed, “Life’s Good.”